SPEED SKATE …FEEL GREAT!
Speed Skating is a great Sport for people of all ages and abilities.
KIDS, YOUTH and ADULTS can try speed skating at our ABS program!!!
THE ABSOLUTE SPEED PROGRAM (ABS)…
… is an opportunity that the Calgary Speed Skating Association (CSSA) offers to those who would like to experience the sport of Speed Skating at the Olympic Oval before committing to the full season.
Please register early as programs fill up fast!
Just a reminder: These sessions are for anyone that can skate. We do not teach you how to skate…we teach you how to speed skate. You don’t need to be an ace on skates but we need you to be able to glide forward comfortably on your own without any help of an object or a person.
Kids Group (13 and under):
- Kids Short Track: Saturday December 27, 2014: 10:00am – 11:00am
- Kids Long Track: Sunday December 28, 2014: 8:00am – 9:15am
Teens and Adults Group (14 and older):
- Teens/Adults Short Track: Saturday December 27, 2014: 11:00am – 12:00pm (noon)
- Teens/Adults Long Track: Sunday December 28, 2014: 8:00am – 9:15am
Register online NOW! Registration for this session closes December 25, 2014
Fees are $50.00 and includes a short track and a long track session, the 2 day Oval ice pass, coaching, skate rental (if size available).
Find out more and start the registration process here:
CSSA is pleased to announce that a Level 1 Officials Clinic will be offered in Calgary.
This course provides an introduction to the duties of all the volunteers at speed skating meets.
We encourage all parents to consider attending. No experience needed.
Date: Saturday, November 29, 2014
Time: 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Location: Olympic Oval; Room KNB 87-88 Basement
Facilitator: Dayna Henkelman, Level 3 Meet Coordinator
Registration: Advance registration is required. To reserve a spot please send CSSA an email at email@example.com
Cost: Free for CSSA members. $10 for non CSSA members.
Please click here for more details.
CSSA VC of Officials
Season 2014 – 2015 is starting!!!!
Please register online before attending the in-person registration to make it flow faster.
If you could not attend the in person registration date, please e-mail CSSA to organize an appointment:
When: Monday to Thursday
Time: Between 6:00pm and 8:00pm
Where: CSSA Office
Why: To finish with the registration process.
What to bring:
- Program fees if you chose to pay by cheque (made to CSSA) or cash
- All the waivers and signed documents (both parents need to hand in signed Waiver for Adult Member) please download and print from:
- Your Volunteer Deposit Cheque for $300 (1 skater) $400 (more than 1 skater in the family) Dated March 31st, 2015
- Your Skate Rental Deposit Cheque ($200) Made to CSSA dated March 31st, 2015
- Parking Pass
- Oval Ice Card
Striding with excellence in Speed Skating Development
CSSA is happy to announce that Registrations Online are Open!!!
Spots available for adults, youth and kids!!!
- SHORT TRACK – LONG TRACK venues.
- Evenings and weekends sessions.
- Youth, Teen and Adult Programs.
- Beginners, Intermediate and Advance Levels.
- Skate Rental – Skate Purchase.
- Development Clinics for Skaters, Coaches, Volunteers, Officials.
- Competitions and Social events for all levels.
A great opportunity to be part of a very successful Olympic Sport!!!
September 8th, 2014 to mid-March 2015
Registration is a 2 part process:
- Register and pay online (Starting August 1st)
- Attend a registration event (August 27th, 6:00 to 9:00pm, Oval 3rd floor)
Please click on the Program Tab to view all our different Programs and schedules for beginners, intermediate and advanced skaters.
Please click on the Registration Tab where you will find instructions on how to register, fees and all necessary links.
If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to meet you!
The Calgary Speed Skating Association would like to express how proud we are of our alumni Gilmore Junio, competing at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. He has done a remarkable act of real Team Spirit making this world a better place.
We have seen Gilmore grow in this sport, the endless hours of training, the sacrifices of juggling family, studies, social and the love for his sport, we saw him come back from injuries and change from short track to long track, we have followed him through his successes, we saw him give it all to make it to the Olympics and all this with a smile, always available to give back to the sport that he loves, and now he gave, he gave a dream to a Team mate, the dream of his life, and together they made history today.
Gilmore, you have given the world a lesson in humility, and a lesson of what real Team Spirit is all about! The CSSA is proud of you and wishes for you in your life the same kindness that you have shown others with that big heart and smile of yours.
To Denny Morrison, thank you for stepping up to the challenge and making Gilmore live his dream through your skating, CONGRATULATIONS on your Silver Olympic Medal, you were awesome!!!
The big family of CSSA!!!